Andrew and I have only been living in Omaha for 6 months and we've had countless visitors, we are very grateful for all that have made the trip! We always want to show our friends and family the best of Omaha; there is so much to do that we can't fit it all in one visit. If you find yourself wondering what to do with guests in for a long weekend, I have a few good pointers. You can hit all the highlights and still leave some things to try on their next visit (everyone always wants to come back).
1. Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium: The zoo is always our number 1 thing to do and take everyone to see. We have one of the best zoo's in the country with tons of exhibits, active animals, educational events, and much more! We've been 3 times now and are considering buying a season pass for next year. Every time we have a different experience and the visits never get old. http://www.omahazoo.com/
2. must.eat.steak. Omaha is famous for their wonderful steaks so you've got to take your guests to a steak house! My personal favorite is The Drover. It's wonderful food but doesn't have an over the top price tag. Plus, you feel like you've stepped back in time when you walk in.
3. Old Market: The Old Market area is one of my favorite places in all of Omaha. I love the passageways, the galleries, the wonderful food, and the site seeing! Some of my favorite places to eat are: The Twisted Fork, Stokes Grill and Bar, and Upstream Brewing Company.
4. Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge: While you're in the Old Market area you might as well drive to the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, it's worth it! This is one of my favorite outings simply because you get a little fresh air and exercise while also having a really awesome experience! It's the first ever pedestrian bridge to connect 2 states. Here, you can literally have one foot in Nebraska and one foot in Iowa.
5. eCreamery: can we say YUM?! eCreamery is in our neighborhood so we eat here way more than we should but who can resist ice cream?! You can personalize your ice cream picks, create your own flavor, and if your guests are as obsessed as we are... they ship! This ice cream eatery is no regular place, it's been visited by the likes of Sir. Paul McCartney and Mr. Warren Buffett, it's also been featured on Shark Tank!
If you indulge in our top 5 personal favorite tourist attractions all in one weekend your feet will be sore, your bellies will be full, and your heart will be happy! We love showing off our new town!
A southern girl trying to make my dreams come true. My husband and I love to travel and go on new adventures--We love Jesus and the blessings He provides!